SendGrid is a premier platform for email automation. Sendgrid itself has the ability to augment observability using 3rd party tools. The platform has a robust API and is event-driven and can trigger webhooks to an endpoint when certain events occur.
SendGrid's Event Webhook will notify a Scalyr endpoint with information about events that occur as SendGrid processes emails. You can use this data and Scalyr's Event Data Cloud to monitor your SendGrid account. You can react to and alert on events like unsubscribes, spam reports, identify bounced email addresses or create advanced analytics of your email program.
This data is sent as a JSON object, so parsing is a breeze and you can start gaining insight into your SendGrid account with Scalyr easily.
You can log SendGrid events with Scalyr with the following documentation.
1. Enable the WebHooks integration on the SendGrid platform. Navigate to Settings/Mail Settings
2. For an HTTP POST endpoint, you can utilize the uploadLogs API endpoint.
3. For Authentication Method, Select None
4. Check the events you want to to be POSTed
5. Get a Write API Token
6. For the address, use the following string
7. Navigate to your Scalyr Account. Assuming you are using the host and logfile above, your data should be https://app.scalyr.com/events?filter=%24serverHost%3D%22sendgrid%22+%24logfile%3D%22%2Fvar%2Flog%2Fsendgrid%22