COPY AND SEARCH SELECTION
Dragging a selection of log text (or double clicking to select all) will let you right-click and copy the term. You can also narrow your search on the selected text by clicking filter for, exclude it from the current search or start a new search with it included:
EXPLORE NEW TERMS WITHOUT CLOSING THE CURRENT SEARCH
When refining a search, it's sometimes useful to duplicate the browser tab to explore new terms without losing the current search. In Google Chrome, right-click on the tab and select duplicate and continue refining in the new tab.
USE THE SEARCH MENUS
Click the "Save" button beneath the search field to display actions you can perform on your current search.
- Save search - Displays a dialog box that will save the search to either your personal or team's list of saved searches. These are available in the "Search" menu (at the top of the page).
- Save to dashboard - Add this search to an existing dashboard, or start a new dashboard with this search.
- Save as Alert - Create a new alerting rule, which will trigger if the number of matches to your current search goes above or below a level you specify.
- Download - Downloads the underlying log lines to your local computer
- Export to S3 - Opens the export dialog for quick transfer to an S3 bucket of your choosing
The "Share" menu has some tools for improved collaboration:
- Copy link - Copies a short link to the search that you are presently viewing
- Add to shared search list - Adds search to the team-oriented "Shared Searches" sub-menu of the main "Search" menu
SET DEFAULT SEARCH TIME SPAN
By default all searches are performed for the past four hours. You can customize this by modifying the /scalyr/logs configuration file. Add a
defaultSearchTimeSpan property to the JSON file. The value can be any time string between 5 minutes and 4 hours; e.g. "10 minutes" or "2 hours". If you have a large log volume, using a shorter time span can speed up searches
defaultSearchTimeSpan: "20 minutes",