If you're interested in configuring SSO with SAML for your Scalyr account, contact the Scalyr support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know which SSO provider you will be using (Okta, ADFS, G Suite, etc.)
Choose an SSO Organization Name
We'll begin the process by providing you with an SSO organization name (for Scalyr's internal use, not displayed to end users). Or, you can choose an SSO organization name, provided it meets the following criteria:
- Alphanumeric characters only
- Minimal length, whenever possible
- Matches (or very similar to your company name). For example, the SSO organization name blahtestnetwork.com would simply be "blahtestnetwork"
In either case, please confirm the SSO organization name with the Scalyr support team before proceeding, as it needs to be configured on our platform.
The SP Entity ID
Once the SSO organization name has been chosen, it is implemented as part of the SP Entity ID. For example,
- https://www.scalyr.com/sp?organization=MYORG (US)
- https://eu.scalyr.com/sp?organization=MYORG (EU)
- For ADFS 3.0+ (US): https://www.scalyr.com/sp/MYORG
- For ADFS 3.0+ (EU): https://eu.scalyr.com/sp/MYORG
The SP Entity ID can now be incorporated into the SAML metadata you create.