Welcome to the New Scalyr UI!
We have rewritten the Scalyr UI from scratch on a new technology stack while modernizing its look and feel. You can now opt in to the new UI via the user menu. We greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide.
Major areas of change include a revamped dashboard UI, dark mode, a drawer that shows log line details, and the ability to easily switch between old and new UIs, or between light and dark modes.
New Dashboard Features:
- Graphs can be moved or resized via drag-and-drop
- New visualizations (donut chart, pie chart, big number), as well as a markdown widget for notes:
- A new page that lists all dashboards and their contents:
The most immediately noticeable change is the introduction of dark mode. You can easily switch between light and dark modes via the user menu.
Log Line Details
Clicking on a log line now opens a drawer that slides in from the right and shows the event's details (the same information previously shown in the Inspect Fields dialog). Once the drawer is open, the up and down arrows on the keyboard can be used to change which log line's details are displayed.
Similarly, the list of facets in the sidebar on the left supports up and down arrows to change which facet's details are being shown in the popup
The old UI will remain available while we transition to the new one. If you are more comfortable performing a particular task in the old UI, you can switch back easily via the user menu:
If you find yourself switching back to the old UI, please let us know what we can do to improve the new UI.
Other Changes Include:
- Help pages open in a new tab
- A search can be edited while in Live Tail
- Checking for more values in the facet details popup replaces the current values, rather than opening a separate dialog
- Numerous cosmetic changes to UI widgets such as dialogs and buttons
The new UI is written in Typescript as a React-based web app, using GraphQL to talk to the backend via Apollo. We're confident that the new tech stack will accelerate innovation as well as maintenance. Not only will new features be developed at a faster pace, they will be delivered faster with our new Continuous Deployment pipeline. The build information for the UI can be seen at the bottom of the user menu.
Please refer to the New Scalyr UI Release Notes for further details.